Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Secret Pal 11

My first secret pal! I can not wait. Here are my answers the questions posted on the blog.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
At the moment i am loving Rowan Damask yarn but i am not very picky. The only yarn that i don't like is mohair yarn as it makes me itch.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
All my needles are currently sitting in an empty glass mayonnaise jar. I keep meaning to find a better place for them but just want find anything that actually works well.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have only been knitting for about four or five months now. I downloaded a book off of Lion brands and taught myself the basics and just worked my way up from there. I am definitely a beginner but always love a challenge so i never really look at the skill level of a pattern before i start it.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a wish list on the left hand side of my blog.

5. What's your favorite scent?
My favorite scent is definitely Jasmin but i also love cinnamon and rose petals - just not together.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I definitely have a sweet tooth. I love milk chocolate but am not very fond of white chocolate or chocolate with fruit or Turkish delight in.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Along with this knitting thing i do i also scrap, paint and sew. I am not very good with sewing clothes but love other sewing projects and i am about to try my hand at quilting.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like contemporary christian bands but i am not able to play MP3's.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love pinks, browns, turquoises and greens. I prefer softer colours but i don't mind any colours.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am currently living with my fiance and our 3 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear hats and ponchos but not mittens.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love knitting sweaters, tanks and shawls.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Right now i am finishing off a sweater, Tomatoe from Knitting daily. I also have Montego Bay scarf on my needles and a beanie for my other half.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Most definitely!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I definitely prefer circular needles but am not really bothered what they are made out of. Most of mine are aluminium but i do have two bamboo ones. I currently have US sizes 2,5,6,7 and 10 circulare needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I haven't really kept track of when i started it but i would say it is about 6 - 8 weeks old. I only have the ribbing on the neck left to do but my scarf has taken over. I will come back to it though.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love Christmas and Thanksgiving and my favourite season is Fall.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I don't collect anything in particular, just scrapbooking stash, 100% cotton fabric for the sewing and then yarn of course!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any magazine subs yet but have been thinking about it. I would love to get Green Gable pattern, some pretty stitch markers and the Knitscene Fall 2006 magazine(mainly for the Molly Ringwald sweater). I do buy Simply Knitting magazine and Interweaves Knitting mag but would love to try a different knitting magazine.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
This is not really a technique but i am trying to learn to knit socks - i guess its using dpns that is throwing me off.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet but am learning to.

23. When is your birthday?
11 September 1981

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I am still waiting for my invite but i have a lot of people in front of me so might be a while.

That's all the questions answered. I am pretty easy going so don't mind what i get.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online