Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Weekend Projects

This is part of what i spent my time on this long weekend. Saturday afternoon was devoted to sewing this little bag. I am so pleased with how it has turned out as it is the first time that i have ever done anything like this before. The inner pocket looks good, the lining looks professional and the handles feel secure. I will definitely be making another one of these but in a bigger size, and i might try adding a zip to it along with more interfacing to make it a little sturdier.

I also finished my Montego Bay scarf, pictures and review to follow later in the week and started Deep Desire from Simply Knitting Magazine.

Sunday afternoon my mom made some curtains for us for out bathroom window. We have been renting our house for ages now but i have never had any curtains in the bathroom because it is a horrible canary yellow and i just couldn't imagine what to put up. While going through my moms fabric stash we found some fabric that would work perfectly. A few hours later my curtains were made and hanging in our bathroom. Thank you mom.
Monday morning we got up early and went to Pontsworth Flea Market with my mom and dad. We spent a good four hours walking around this huge field filled with stall after stall of all sorts of different items. We left with two new pillows, socks for Stu, a tool of some sort and a teddy bear plate for my gran. All in all a very good morning.
Today I am hoping to find some time tonight to do some studying. I have so much work to get through and i find that i just keep putting it off.
Hope everyone is doing well. My camera's battery died on me and i haven't had time to charge it yet so more photos of the new curtains to follow later this week.
God Bless
~Lynne

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Very cute purse!!!

cara harjes said...

nice job on your bag - you should be so proud!
and i love the way you hung it in the tree for the picture!

Ronda Palazzari said...

That purse is so adorable. You are so talented in many ways.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online