Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday update

Last night, while watching the catch up episode of Greys Anatomy, i ran out of yarn for my scarf. I thought that one ball of yarn would be enough for this scarf but i think it is going to need more like 3 balls of yarn. This is where i have had to stop - at least until Saturday when i get some more yarn.
Even though the pattern is very simple i have had to frog it three times. I decided to use stitch markers to help me and now i seem to have gotten the hang of it. Once it is complete i will give you a bit more of a review on the pattern.

I have also made a fab find. We have a fabric warehouse just round the corner from work. It is only open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays but i think it will have to become my regular lunch hour "thing" on a Friday. This is what i picked up from them last Friday.


The first five fabrics, from the left, are all 100% cotton and two of them i have started using for my latest sewing project. The end fabric i am going to be using to make a tote of some sort but i still have to try to find or create some sort of pattern for it so i will hold off on that project for now.

Last night i started on my first apron. I have made my own pattern, using brown paper. Once completed i will be doing a step by step tutorial if anyone is interested. It is really looking good so far, fingers crossed it still looks good once i have finished it as i am a very newbie sewer and have not actually done any sewing with it yet - just cutting it out and positioning it all.

Early hours of Monday morning i found myself laying in bed, wide awake and getting angrier with every minute that my mind was going round and round over something that had been brewing over the past few days. Eventually, at about 4am i got out of bed and did an entry in my art journal. It was the best thing that i could have done. I have opened up a flickr account and you can see my art journal on there if you wish.

My plans for the rest of the day include finishing work, doing some vacuuming, working on my apron and then knitting while watching this weeks Greys Anatomy.

Peace.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Looking good!!! I can't WAIT until GA starts back again!

Anonymous said...

Love how the scarf is coming out.....make sure and take a photo of you wearing it!
Melissa

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online